Welfare Rights Service

Free Welfare Rights Service

We provide a FREE Confidential Welfare Rights information Service! For all your Social Welfare and Medical Card queries or for some assistance with filling in Forms just drop into us. Our Clinic is open daily from 9.00AM – 1.00PM.

By Shona Carney

Widowed/Surviving Civil Partner Grant

The Widowed or Surviving Civil Partner Grant is a once-off payment to widows, widowers or surviving civil partners with dependent children to provide income support after the death of their spouse/civil partner.

You must also be receiving or qualify for certain social welfare payments.

To check if you may qualify for this grant, call into the centre Mon-Thurs 9.00-13.00 and Friday 9.00-12.30 or call 01-6233629 and ask to speak to Shona.

“Here at CEEDS we provide a FREE confidential Welfare Rights Information Service for all your Social Welfare and other related queries”

if you are getting certain social welfare payments and you are providing FULL time care and attention to another person you MAY also qualify for half rate Carers Allowance. You must meet the criteria for Carer’s Allowance some of which is outlined below.

– Aged 18 and over, satisfy a MEANS TEST
– You must be living with the person you care for or reasonably
close by
– NOT be engaged in employment or training outside the home
for more than 15 hours a week.

The person being cared for must be so incapacitated as to require continuous supervision in order to avoid danger to him or herself OR continual supervision and assistance throughout the day, and be likely to require full time care and attention for a period of at least 12 months.

Medical reports from a doctor must also be provided.
This is subject to approval from The Department of Employment and Social protection.

Call us on 01-6233629 or call in Mon-Thurs 9.00-13.00 and Friday 9.00-12.30. We can help with any queries you may have!