Next Course dates TBC.
The purpose of this Course is to ensure that the learner is fully capable of using a broad range of advanced spreadsheets features to work effectively and produce clear printouts. On successful completion of this course the learner will be able to carry out advanced selection, formatting, charts, tables, formulae usage, macro production and design of dynamic spreadsheets.
• Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets
• Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha, and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs and macros
• Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features to include use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering
• Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques which enhance understanding and legibility
• Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros
• Print complete or partial sections of a spreadsheet, formatted fit for presentation
• Use advanced spreadsheet features including absolute and relative cell references, conditional IF statements, statistical, financial, and date and time functions
• Generate a variety of types of graphs, with appropriate titles and labels, from spreadsheet data
• Produce a spreadsheet, with minimal supervision, that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose
• Demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in editing and amending spreadsheets to ensure they are fit for purpose.
Award Title: Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
Duration: 150 of which 50 hours directed and 100 hours self-directed
Entry Requirements: QQI Level 4 certificate, Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences
Award Type: Minor Award
Framework Level: NFQ Level 5
Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
Course schedule and cost
Cost: €250* (Excluding QQI Certification fees. Medical Card Holders are general exempt from QQI fees).
Next schedule: Begins 19th April 2023 at CEEDS Digital Learning Centre – One day per week for 4 weeks (9.15AM – 4.00PM each day) : 19th April, 26th April, 3rd May, 10th May 2023
To book a place on this Course please call 01-6233629 or email firstname.lastname@example.org