Next schedule TBC
Care Skills – QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N2770 and Care for the Older Person 5N2706
- This course will be delivered by CEEDS in association with NCU Training
- This is a Classroom-based Course
- The Course will take place over 5 full days, spread out over 5 weeks (one class per week)
- All Classes are full days
- Proposed schedule: 19th, 26th September, 3rd, 10th, 17th October 2022 (all Mondays)
- The objective of this course is to equip the learner with skills to work as a Carer and look after a range of people with different needs. Participants will be able to supply different methods outlined to provide appropriate support and care to a person they are looking after. The Course is also designed to help learners to understand the ageing process. The course will be most useful for anyone in the healthcare sector wishing to work with the elderly (normally through home-based care) as all support staff in this sector need to have an appropriate qualification.
- Use of mobility aids
- Use of feeding/washing aids
- Use elimination aids (Catheter etc.)
- Know safety aids
- Assistance with dressing
- Recognize potential risks sure as pressure sores, effects of illness.
- Promote good health and maximize independence
- The ageing process.
- Physical & mental changes
- Attitude to the elderly
- Retirement needs
- Well-being of the older person
- Range of daily living needs
Skills Demonstration/ Project
Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experience. Participants must speak and work in English at a standard appropriate to the course content.
*NCU QQI Certification fee is not included in the total cost of the course, Medical cardholders, and people in receipt of a SWA payment are generally exempt from Certification fees.