Care Skills Training Course – Begins 28th February 2020
Care Skills – QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N2770
Brief Course Outline & Details
- This course will be run by CEEDS in association with NCU Training and will take place in CEEDS Training Centre Clondalkin.
- This course is to equip the learner with skills to work as a Carer and look after a range of people with different needs. Participants will be able to supply different methods outlined to provide appropriate support and care to a person they are looking after.
- Use of mobility aids
- Use of feeding/washing aids
- Use elimination aids (Catheter etc.)
- Know safety aids
- Assistance with dressing
- Recognise potential risks sure as pressure sores, effects of illness.
- Promote good health and maximise independence
Skills Demonstration/ Project
150 hours tutor led training self-directed. The course will be 4 full days, 1 day a week for 4 weeks.
Start date: Friday 28th Feb Finish date: Friday 20th March 2020
Start time 9.15am (sharp) -4.00pm
Cost: €250* Funding options may be available to eligible Applicants
Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experience. Participants must speak and work in English at a standard appropriate to the course content.
NCU Certification fee is not included in the total cost of the course, Medical cardholders, and people in receipt of a SWA payment are exempt.