SNA Course – September 2020
Brief Course Outline & Details
- This course will be run by CEEDS in association with NCU Training and will take place in CEEDS Training Centre Clondalkin.
- The aim of this course is to equip the learner with the skills and knowledge in the practices and principles in the role of a Special Needs Assistant. Satisfactory completion of this module can be used as a standalone certificate or to assist learners aiming for higher qualifications, especially the Major Award of Community Health Services QQI Level 5 (5M4468)
- To explore the role, qualities and skills of the SNA
- Examine the relevant legislation in relation to disability
- To relate appropriately to children with additional needs
- To enable the learner to apply care routines in feeding, toileting and general hygiene
- To maintain relationships with children, parents, carers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team
Learner Record 40%, Skills Demonstration 60%
150 hours tutor led training self-directed. The course will be 4 full days, 1 day a week for 4 weeks.
Start date: September 2020 – Dates TBC
Start time 9.15am (sharp) -4.00pm
Cost: €250* Funding options may be available for eligible Applicants
Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experience. Participants must speak and work in English at a standard appropriate to the course content.
NCU Certification fee is not included in the total cost of the course, Medical cardholders, People in receipt of a SWA payments are exempt.