QQI Level 5 (Course code: 5N1358)
Begins: Next dates 2023 TBC
Venue: CEEDS Digital Learning Centre, Clondalkin D22 DX47
Word processing is a QQI Level 5 course and is suitable for participants with some computer experience already. Participants will develop their word processing skills as they improve their understanding of a word processing application and become versed in file management, fonts, graphics, layout and spell checker to name a few. Previous knowledge of Microsoft Word is required.
- To be confirmed 2023
- Acquire a thorough working knowledge of a word processing package
- Be familiar with an operating system
- Develop the skills of personal initiative and resourcefulness
- Develop good work practices in relation to the use of the computer, printer and materials.
- Acquire the skills necessary to produce attractive documents to mail able standard.
The learning outcomes are grouped into five units:
- Application management
- Text processing
- Tabs and tables
- Mail merge and Labels
- Word processing features
Entry requirements: QQI Level 4 certificate, Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences
Qualification: QQI Level 5
Duration: 150 Hours
Course code: 5N1358
Assessment: Collection of work / assignment / examination
Cost: €250 per participant
A good knowledge of the English language is required, for example talking, reading and writing. Anyone turning up without these skills will be turned away from the course.
Certification Fee is extra except where exemption applies, exemptions are those who are current medical card holders or in receipt of a social welfare payment (proof required)